Come to Tunisia this Spring and experience a holiday like never before. Our Spring Arabic Program is designed for serious Arabic students who are looking to improve their Arabic through total immersion. Study Arabic while taking in the native social and cultural environment of Tunisia in the Spring when the Jasmine is blooming, crowds are beginning to fill the charming streets of the hilltop city of Sidi Bou Said and people are taking to the beaches to enjoy the warm Mediterranean Sea.
We offer consecutive 2-week intensive Arabic sessions that can be taken alone or in combination as a 4-week session. Take excursions to the seaside towns of Sousse and Hammamet, try your hand at Arabic calligraphy or simply relax after an intensive morning of classes on one of the beaches within walking distance to the center.
|2013 Spring Sessions||Session I||Session II|
|Program Length||2 weeks||2 weeks|
|Hours of Instruction||30||30|
Overview of the Program : Each session includes 30 total classroom hours and a cultural excursion to Hammamet or Monastir. Classes are held in the morning so students will have the afternoons and evenings free to practice with conversation partners or enjoy their holiday while exploring the many surprises that Tunisia has to offer.
Curriculum: Students will learn about Arabic language and culture while being immersed in its customs and traditions. Our curriculum implements current media resources to teach students Arabic through learning about contemporary issues in combination with formal classroom instruction.
Prerequisite: The Term Program is open to all levels of Arabic students from the complete beginner to those who have already achieved advanced proficiency.
Application Deadline: Applications for Session I are due by March 8, 2012 and by March 22, 2012 for Session II.
- Tuition discounts of up to 15 per cent for enrolling in both sessions and 30 per cent for co-applicants
- Complimentary services include airport pick-up, Wi-fi connection, certificate of completion
- Join conversation clubs and practice Arabic with Tunisian language partners
- Live with a host family or in one of our student housing units
- Explore the country by participating in our academic excursions to Hammamet and Monastir
- Gain Experience: Volunteer or internship opportunities with local NGOs
- Earn Academic Credit: The month-long intensive program is equivalent to 4 credit hours